Thursday, November 26, 2009

thankfulness

so this thanksgiving didn't start exactly the way i had hoped....

after driving for 17 hours with 2 kids under 4 years old, we drive up to a beautiful log cabin in the mountains of north carolina. we spent the morning and afternoon relaxing with family and enjoyed a tasty late breakfast of eggs, toast, and bacon. hayleigh and B.A. were enjoying a cozy nap together when i heard hayleigh crying hysterically from downstairs. i ran upstairs to find that the flu had began. ugh! hayleigh was first, followed by me, and then B.A. we spent the night hours taking turns going into the bathroom and trying to get some sleep. but the sun came out this morning and we all felt much better. hayleigh was herself right away and B.A. and i felt much better even though we still feel a little weak. thanksgiving dinner was ready around 3pm and we all feasted on the yummy food prepared for us by dinana, nana, and aunt cathy! it was so so good! after a horrible night, there was a calm morning for us. even though we felt horrible last night i remember thinking about how bad i felt but at the same time how thankful i was. i was thankful to be with my family and for the good health we usually experience. i knew this would pass and we'd pull through. it wasn't the thanksgiving eve or morning i had planned but it brought us closer together and gave us an opportunity to talk to hayleigh about how big her God is and how he takes care of her. while hayleigh was laying there crying her eyes out because she didn't want to throw up again (after doing it about 15 times) B.A. and i sat next to her and held her and prayed aloud for her asking God to take care of her and we told Him that we know He can do anything and help us and be with us during anything. it was a perfect moment, despite the pain and yucky smells. so i am still thankful, even though we were all sick. i have a God that is with us no matter what and who cares for us all the time.


there is so much else to be thankful for too:

-B.A., Hayleigh, Alivia
-my mom, my dad, Megan, Brandon, Chris, Maverick, Nolan
-nana, pops, dinana, grand dad, cathy, doug, tim, marti, and liam
-jill, leslie, dontwan, kristen, chelsea, jordan, crystal, kristi, anna, amber, kenz, jacquelyn, and all my other friends & family
-my home church, my crossroads community, the loving people i work with at crossroads including libby, alison, and kim
-a house, a car, a job, my neighbors, food, water, all my 'stuff' that God has provided
-friends who challenge me to live for God
-and last but not least, a God who loves me enough to send His Son to die for me, so that i have an advocate. i would be dead in all my sin but thanks be for God for rescuing me and loving me unconditionally!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment